Wow, I can't believe how fast time flies these days!! It seems only a couple of days ago that I wrote the last entry. But now that I think about it, a lot has happened in this time.
First of all, we had a great Christmas with all the kids and grandkids around. They had Christmas morning at their own homes, and then came over to our house for dinner and more presents.
Next, Jeff and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary on January 10. What a wonderful man I married. He is just the best. We truely are best friends and don't like spending time apart. He has been really busy at work and is gone a lot during the day and we both miss each other a lot!
Then, just a couple weeks ago, I turned the big 50! It seems crazy to say that I am 50 when I can't believe that that much time has passed. I still think I'm 21 - sure wish I felt like 21 more often! All in all, I can't complain, I have been really blessed in the health department. I am still able to do anything and everything that I want to do. Jeff and I have been talking about hiking the Grand Canyon rim to rim, about 20 hours of hiking. We might give it a try in April or May this year. We'll keep you posted.
Speaking of walking, I have also been busy building a team for the Breast Cancer 3day this year. My team is Team MammoGrammy! So far I have three other teammembers, with another two possibilities. Analee, Debbie and Davene have joined the team to walk and raise money for this cause. Debbie just got married on Valentine's Day, so now the training can begin. Debbie and Davene live in Phoenix and of course Analee lives in Utah, so we can't do much of our training together, but we can get together some. I am really looking forward to the walk this year, for me it is old hat, but I know the others are scared and excited at the same time. It really is a wonderful three days!
I'll try to do better and keep my blog up to date - but no promises!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! So happy to get an update. Happy belated Birthday. I'll make sure my mom stays on top of her training! :) Love you guys.
Post a Comment