Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Well, as you can see, I am really having a hard time keeping up. I really enjoy reading and looking at everyone else's pictures, but I can't seem to keep up with my own. I am going to put up a reminder so that I can see it - hopefully that will do the trick. It will also help when I get my new computer! This old laptop is really giving me a hard time, so I don't like to be on it more than I have to.


All is well here, Jeff is busy at work trying to make this deal work. He just went to California yesterday trying to get investors. It is just a matter of time...


I walked to my friends house yesterday, about 9 miles, to help out at her farm. She has a dairy and they give tours to schools in the area and also have private parties and things. Yesterday there were about 250 kindergarten and first graders there. Two friends and I served ice cream to all of them. It is really fun. I am going back tomorrow to help again.


I made this quilt to take on the 3day walk with me. I am praying for cool weather, so I will need it in camp to help keep me warm. I really enjoy sewing, I need to do that more too! It is hard to tell, but that fabric along the bottom has the breast cancer pink ribbons on it. It is also the little squares too. I took a class at Joann's and it really helped get me in the mood to sew.
I have also been doing a little baking, another thing that I really love doing. I am experimenting with using less sugar and so far things have turned out pretty good. It is amazing how much sugar we eat everyday.
Well, other than keeping up with the grandkids, that is about all that is going on around here. We love it when they come over, and now that the weather is cooling down, it will be more fun to be outside and play.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Analee said...

I love the quilt, it is beautiful. I can't believe you walked to the farm and THEN helped serve 250 ice cream. I'm not sure which one took the most effort!? Wishing you luck on the 3 day this weekend. There in my heart, but there in person next year. I love ya.

Alaina said...

Good luck! Oh and the quilt looks great! If you have not received an invite to view my blog and would like one email me
alaina0117@hotmail.com
Love ya!