Well, as you can tell, I have not been keeping up with the program! Lots has happened over the summer, I spent two weeks in Utah enjoying the cooler weather, Jeff and I have traveled a bit and now we are just waiting for our next grandbaby to make her arrival! She should be here any day...
Charley is in his next phase of training. He does pretty good in class, but it is afterwards that gives us problems. He is afraid of traffic, so when we walk on the streets, he is constantly pulling forward and backward, and trips me every chance he gets! I keep hoping that with enough exposure to the noise he will get used to it, but that is not happening so far. We were supposed to go 5 miles this morning, but we only made it about 4 because I just couldn't take it any more.
I am training pretty hard for my 3day walk, which is coming up in the middle of November. I walked 36 miles last week and the mileage goes up each week until the big event! I pretty much have the routine down, so far there have been no problems to speak of except that my fundraising is down this year, hard to believe huh? By this time last year I was pretty well set, but this year I'm starting to sweat it. I don't like to beg, but if anyone out there would like to donate to my walk, I would REALLY appreciate it! You can go the my webpage at http://www.the3day.org/. On the right hand side of the page, click on the 'donate now' link. At the bottom of the page, type in my name and state and it will take you to a page where you can click on my name again. That takes you to my personal page. Just follow the steps there to donate. Feel free to pass this information on to your friends, you never know who will be interested in donating to this cause, and every bit counts! This is a great cause, a cure has to be found for this terrible disease and when it is, I'm sure the cure for other cancers will follow.
Thanks for listening to my rantings and ravings - have a great day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YAY! A post form aunt Carol! That is really cool that you are involved in such a great cause. Is Charley part great dane LOL? Jax won't step on the metal grates in the street or sit down in small spaces- fraidycat! Thanks for helping my mom so much this summer.
It was so fun to have you here this summer, and it was really great to have you come out for Mom's birthday - I know it meant so much to her. Way to go on everything you have going on!
Wow, I checked and you had posted! I spoke with MaryLou and they said $100 I just need to show her how to post it and I am still working on our donation here. I think everyone is just freaking out about the economy and nobody want to spend. Don't worry it will come. I know--easy for me to say.
Post a Comment